Thursday, August 17, 2006

Show me what you've got!

When one door closes, another opens, right?
More and more doors seem to be opening for us as of late. Enough doors that were my father here, he'd yell "What are you doing? Air conditioning the neighborhood?"
Actually that was a lie.
My father never really yells, and my parents house has no air conditioning.
He'd make some smartass comment though. Trust me on that.

In the last post, I spoke of recording some songs with a friend. This is something we're still hoping to do in the near future. We're going to be demoing some of the newer songs to see how they shape up with the full band playing. I'm hoping for the best. Some of these tunes we've been playing live and have become second nature.

At present, we only have one to two songs that you've probably never heard. Only three of our non-Sarcasm songs that we play live on a regular basis will likely be on the next CD. Speaking of which, I'm still writing, thinking, and dwelling on the final product. I'm challenging myself to write at least 8 more songs at the very least and go from there.
From this point on, everything will be kept tightly under wraps. (Hopefully) No demos will be posted on MySpace or PureVolume and we probably won't play anymore of the "next album songs" live. Just the 2 or 3 we've been rotating in and out of our set.

I'm still working on getting the new Moog up and running, but it will probably still be a while before that thing finds itself on stage with me. It's pretty. It glows a lot.

So thank you for reading what I like to call a "Time Filler Blog."
I hope you wasted as much time reading it as I did writing it.

No comments: