Monday, August 22, 2005

It's a sad day on my part. One of my heroes in life, Robert "Bob" Moog, pioneer of the analog synthesizer died yesterday. At age 71 he fell victim to a brain tumor that has plagued him since April. Bob created an amazing electronic instrument which revolutionized modern music. Personally, his invention affected me many years ago while listening to music. There was always a certain sound I had heard which I always wanted in my own songs. One day I learned about Moog Synthesizers and became hellbent on getting my hands on "that sound". Finally, after many months of research I got my hands on a Realistic Concertate MG-1 synth. It had the sound I craved. We use it live, and it can be heard on our record. I recently purchased a Moog Prodigy synth which you will see at future live events. The man changed the way I hear and play music. I thank him for that.

Please feel free to click over to www.moogmusic.com to learn more.

Without Bob's contributions to music, bands like Yes, Stereolab, The Rentals, The Get Up Kids, Motion City Soundtrack, The Anniversary, Weezer, and even Early Next Year would be far different. We like those bands the way they are.

Some of you may have seen or heard about my...uh... "Moog dedication" but now it means even more to me.

Thanks Bob.

We're playing this Saturday with "The Burg". Come hang out if you're over 21. If you're underage, you could always hang outside.

-Wes

No comments: