Monday, April 03, 2006

I was on top of this thing for a few days. I wonder what happened.

Last week was absolutely crazy. I did something every single day and had a blast doing so. The hang outs, the game nights, and the shows were all spectacular. Having a social life has even made me more attractive. Okay, so that last part isn't true.

Speaking of roast pig, the Limbeck shows were crazy good. I've been a huge fan for a couple years now and then got Doug hooked, so he and I went to the Park Ave CD's in-store performance and got to see the guys play a few tunes really stripped down. The bass player Justin sat out and watched with the rest of the crowd which consisted of about 20 or so people.
We then headed to the real show at the Social in downtown Orlando, grabbed a drink at the Irish Pub across from the venue while we waited for the doors to open and then went inside. Luckily there were only 2 bands on the bill, so Limbeck opened and got some extra stage time. They played about 45 minutes and covered a lot of new and old stuff. They did a mean cover of "Mr. Spaceman" by The Byrds and played a retooled version of the song "Albatross and Ivy" that melted everyone's faces. After the show I walked my faceless self over to the Merch booth to meet their tour manager John Cheese (who's also toured with Piebald). That man is absolutely insane. Insanely nice. He tried to show me magic tricks but should definitely spend some additional time perfecting the art. If you see Limbeck on this tour and are a fan, I recommend you pick up a copy of the Tour EP they're selling to make some extra cash. It's got re-recorded versions of some songs off of "Let Me Come Home" plus a brand new song and their Byrds cover. As usual, they played amazingly well. It was great hearing some of the new songs live especially "Sin City" which completely blew me away.

As far as the ENY? The shows are a bit scarce at the moment April is a really busy month for us but the 2 we have scheduled right now should be awesome. We're having a few transportation issues, but hopefully we can get those worked out ASAP.

On Friday, Doug and I did the unthinkable... we brought an old ENY song back from the dead and actually made it good. We have a handful of tunes we just sort of stopped playing, but since this one actually had potential, we reworked it and have been getting a demo together. You probably won't hear it for a long time. We might play it live sometime. Who knows. It's fun.

Today is Bert's 21st birthday. Leave him some love on the band MySpace or his personal one. He loves you all. He's probably blasted right now. Blasted somewhere in Indianapolis. I think that's where he is. Okay, seriously, has anyone seen Bert lately?

Tomorrow is my birthday. I think I'll get a hair cut to celebrate.

Time to work.

_Wes

No comments: