Friday, February 17, 2006

I was going to utilize this postas a public apology to my bandmates for not joining them on this fine Friday evening for fun, videogames, and random shenanigans, but I've decided not to.

We have a show tomorrow. We will all be in the same room playing the same songs, and having a blast. It's all about the balance.

I'm putting myself on a strict diet of good old fashioned Powerpop music in an attempt to centralize myself so that I can complete the writing of our follow up to "Sarcasm". As it stands right now, we have seven songs that are always being rotated within our live show to fill the gaps that the EP songs don't fill. Doug and myself have been talking a lot about recording lately. It's something we love to do and are eager to get back into that creative mindset. We aren't sure if our next release will be a full length or another EP, but we've been exploring a lot of options as to what we would record, where we would record it, and who might be at the helm of the project. It's definitely brought up a lot of interesting discussion, and I wish I had more to share, but unfortunately, I don't have all the answers right now. Balance.

We have a lot of other things we need to think about before the studio, such as shows... figuring out which towns we want to target, which venues, and when. It's getting to the point where we know which Central Florida towns will give us the best response. We want to explore new towns just as much as we want to visit places that we enjoy playing. Balance.

We're still planning a tour for July and assuming that it happens and goes according to plan, assuming that we survive such a feat, it will tell us a lot about where we're going as a band. Balance.

I've had a lot of time to think lately, but at the same time, I've been running around like crazy, working, writing, reading, and diving my time between all of the people in my life that I care about. For once, things are going well and it's usually right about now that something pops up and upends my world. I'm hoping that karma can just take a vacation and leave me alone. Balance.

But let's take baby steps here... It's Friday. Fridays are the best.
Enjoy it. Live it up. Go get a little crazy. Do something you've never done before even if you think you'll hate it. It might surprise you.

Everyone have a safe night, and if you're local, come say hello tomorrow at The Haven Lounge (9pm, $5, 18+).

-aWESome

No comments: