Monday, October 24, 2005

I hope everyone made it through the hurricane alright. It wasn't anything too terrible, so I'm not assuming the worst for anyone.

Work was cancelled as the entire school I work for was shut down for the day. So what did I do? I accomplished absolutely nothing. No wait... that's not true. I wrote a second verse to a song I've been working on for a gazillion years. I'll probably hate it the next time I read it and start from scratch. But that was the only productive activity I took part in.

I'm glad the power didn't go out. I have absolutely no food in my apartment unless you count the lifetime supply of Ramen Noodles in my pantry. However, I'm saving those for the apocalypse.

How nice is the weather though? It totally cooled off with the storm, and I'm kind of hoping that things stay this way for at least a few days. It's hoodie weather, and Doug and I are big supporters of that. The downside is that if it gets too cold, it starts reminding me of Ohio, and that's just something I would rather not have happen.

I believe we're playing this Wednesday at Full Sail Live. It seems like we're always playing there. It's for the students. We like them. The first few weeks in November are looking good. We'll be doing some rather fun secret things, and then we'll be headed down to Tampa for a rock show at the Masquerade. We should have a band lineup for that gig in the next day or two.

I can't believe October's already coming to a close so soon. The months are just flying. I feel like I'm getting old. I hope I remember to pay my rent on time this month. I should since I put a reminder into my cell phone. However, it's one of those lame phones that tries to guess what you're typing, and then spells it out for you. My phone must be on something because I was trying to make it say "Rent Due" but the closest that my phone could get was "Spreeve Dutes" and chances are, when that pops up as a reminder, I won't actually remember what it's for. I will laugh though.

I forgot to mention this in my last entry, but after the show at Duke's, Doug thought it would be a good idea to go to another bar and get even more drunk, so we headed up the street to the Copper Rocket Pub where our friend Dave (of Hawkeye) works as a bartender. He gave me a free drink and made fun of me for about 80 different reasons.

Hey Dave, your hat was stupid. Hah!

We hung out there for a bit and talked about the good times, and then decided to talk about the bad times since there were way more of those.

Still working on booking a mini tour for December. Details on that as soon as people decide we're cool enough to book for shows.

While inspecting my gear after the Duke's show, I noticed that I kinda sorta broke some stuff on my main guitar. Great. I love it when that happens. Guess that's what I get for going absolutely psycho at the show. You should of seen me. I was a wild man!

I have my iTunes on random and "Through My Eyes" just popped on. This is awkward. Time to find a new song.

-Wes

No comments: