Saturday, October 01, 2005

For those of you who live in Orlando, now would be a good time to run out to your favorite CD store, music store, or public hang out to pick up a copy of Octobers edition of Connections Magazine. It's a free local music guide and guess who makes an appearance in this issue... that's right. Us.

Our dear friend Drunk Jenn (of Jennannapalooza fame) wrote up a small blurb about the band. It's not huge, but it's nice to get a little bit of recognition within the local music scene. I'll probably type it up a bit later and post it here since it isn't terribly long, but trust me, it's way cooler to see it in print. There's even a picture.

So we're playing tonight at The Haven. We're playing fourth. It's going to be the first show in a while where we've never played with any of the other bands. Since all five groups are slightly different in style, I think the crowd will be an interesting mix of people, but hopefully they'll give every band a fair chance and not spend their evening standing in the parking lot. I always hate when that happens.

Welcome to October. Today is the first of the month. Also my father's birthday. I should call him.
September is gone for now, so here's five things I liked about the last thirty days:

1. Retro Pay
2. Band lunches at Ti'Juana Flats
3. Being the only ENYer who doesn't care about sports
4. Mathew Good - In A Coma
5. Finally settling on shirt designs

Come hang out tonight and say hello. For once we get to play a club that's actually close to my apartment.

New things coming soon....

-Wes

No comments: