Sunday, October 02, 2005

Last night at the Haven was the most fun I've had at a show in a long time. Not only did we play with some awesome bands, but half of Doug and I's co-workers showed up to partake in the festivities (and the beer). The crowd was absolutely fantastic and big thanks to everyone who came out to see us. I always feel like I'm ignoring everyone, but what can I say, I like to stay close to the bar.

Speaking Of started off the night by making a lot of noise. They had more gear than anyone I've ever seen. However, it was something different, so kudos to them.
Social Ghost was up second and they were amazingly tight. They sounded really good and had some catchy songs as well.
Pop.Culture.Clash. played third and they were a real treat. They were the ones who asked us to play, and they didn't cease to amaze. Again, really tight, great songs, and great guys. Watch out for them in the future.
We played fourth and it just wouldn't be a show if we didn't have a technical problem of some sort, right? My amplfier decided to crap out on me and we had to run the thing directly into the sound system which lead to my guitar sounding flat and uninspiring. Big thanks to the sound guy as he was amazingly patient and did all that he could to make sure the bands were happy with the sound. Probably the nicest sound guy we've ever had to deal with.
During our set I even got my drunk work supervisor on stage to play tambourine on "Window." It was quite a sight.
Fairweather Friend closed out the night and were super good as well. Those guys were so nice to us and are very very talented.

Bottom line: we made a lot of new friends, got drunk with old friends, and I had the time of my life. So again, thanks to everyone who was there regardless of which band you were there to see. It's nights like that which make me want to quit my day job. Unfortunately, playing clubs once a week just won't pay the bills. Yet.

I always publish these blogs and then think of ten things I forgot to write, so stay tuned for an edit or three.

Shirts are coming soon. Soon, I tell you.

-Wes

No comments: