Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Hey folks just a quick update on what's happening...
I decided to wait until the last minute to get a bunch of stuff done and now I'm regretting it. We have something big happening the day after Christmas. I'm not ready to leak the details yet, but if you head to our PureVolume site on December 26th, you'll see exactly what's going on. You'll also get to hear two new demos that I'll be uploading. They aren't new songs, but a few months ago we hopped into the studio and recorded updated versions of some tunes. For the last three days I've been working on cleaning those up and making them sound good. Bert spent a while last night making the drums sound awesome. I'm also working on putting together a small ENY DVD to share with our friends and family over the holiday. I fly out to my parents house on Friday morning so I have about 48 hours to pack, mix, edit, and burn. All nighters, anyone?

Bert is on the same flight to Ohio that I am. If we end up sitting in the same vicinity, I feel bad for everyone else on the plane. Chances are that we'll get loud and obnoxious.

Album Recommendation of the Week:
Action Action - Don't Cut Your Fabic to This Year's Fashion
Listen to them on MySpace.

This album came out a little over a year ago, but has been in constant rotation in my CD player. Former members of The Reunion Show and Count the Stars came together and a made a band that was way better than either of their previous efforts. Dark lyrics, walls of synthesizers, and lack of song structure make for an awesome listening experience. This isn't a handful of songs thrown together, this is an album. Occasionally songs will stray from the original melody and go in a completely different, but awesome direction. Highly recommended. They have a new disc coming out in 2006. I can't wait.

In other words, it's still cold in central Florida. And by cold, I mean 50 degrees. Brrrrr.

Stay cool,

-Wes

No comments: