Thursday, December 29, 2005

So now I sit just counting down the hours until my flight leaves tomorrow evening. It's been a great vacation in this frozen tundra, and I've had a complete blast, but I'm eager to get back to Orlando, the band, work, and civilization in general. I attended multiple holiday parties and drank many people's beer. I avoided large groups of unfamiliar faces by standing outside on porches. I had dental work done this morning and I cannot feel my nose, lips, or chin at present. My coffee is dribbling everywhere because of it.

We're having a good run with PureVolume. We're hearing lots of good feedback, and even some negative here and there, but you have to take it with a grain of salt I guess. I've had some great conversations with new fans on AIM and our MySpace friends list is continually growing.

It's becoming more and more apparent that January will be a rather slow month for us, and since we won't be out playing shows, I'm hoping we can dedicate the time to more practice since we have a slew of songs that need some work. The next thing we have scheduled as it stands is the Spring Music Fest in Port Orange where we'll be playing with a lot of great bands, a lot of whom we've shared the stage with before. We want to make sure that performance is not only tight, but highly entertaining. We know that we'll be seeing a handful of friendly faces there, so we want to make sure everyone who puts forth the effort to come see us will get their free admission's worth.

JoAnna never left Florida, Bert returned on Wednesday, I believe... and Doug... well who knows, really. We spoke on Tuesday, and he was so excited because he was finally getting to go to a bar. I think he'll be back in Orlando on Friday or Saturday.

Thankfully, since I return on a Friday, I have the weekend to recover from my vacation. That seems backwards. I really don't know what I'm going to do with myself. It will be fun to once again have privacy.

Only 29 more hours...

-Wes

No comments: