Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Oops. I may have been a little upset when writing that last entry and made things sound worse then they were. My bad.

Anyway... I'm slowly adding more and more albums to my list of things to check out in 2006. I'm still wanting to get my hands on a copy of the new Damiera album "M(US)IC" which is out, but currently unatainable for me.
I'm still looking forward to the new Inkwell record "These Stars Are Monsters" as well. I've heard 2 tracks from it and I can't wait to get my mind blown all over again.
The new Format Record "Dog Problems" will be out before too long. It's actually available for purchase online, but I'm torn between grabbing it now or waiting for the official street date. Since they released it all on their own, they'll be making the majority of the sales money themselves and they definitely need the support so that they can continue to blow up.
Also added to the list is the upcoming triple disc from The Early November called "The Mother, The Mechanic, & The Path." I've been reading about this more and more and after hearing 3 tracks, I'm actually wanting to hear a lot more. The Early November is one of those bands that I always felt had great songs, but never gained a whole lot of exposure. I own their EP and last full length and will follow them onto this endeavor as well. The other thing which grabs my attention is the fact that this will be a massive concept album and I am a complete sucker for those.
Johnny Cash was always good at writing these, as were The Beach Boys, The Beatles, David Bowie, and The Who, along with modern artists such as Coheed and Cambria, Armor For Sleep, Yellowcard, and even the new record from the Red Hot Chili Peppers.

One of my goals through Early Next Year is to at some point or another release an album that actually has a focused story or theme throughout all the songs. In fact, what if I said that's what our next CD will be? Yeah, brace yourselves.

I've always looked at our "Sarcasm" EP as just a collection of random songs, and have since tried to write in a way more focused method.
Almost everything new that we've played at shows lately are part of what will appear on the record including songs like Lifeless, Something That I Miss, and Send A Letter. I'm about halfway through the writing process and hoping to finish everything before the end of the year so we can focus on recording and releasing something that we can truly love every song on.
I know some demos of these songs are available online, and we do want you to hear them, but don't get too attached to them as I'm sure the final versions will be far different than what you're hearing now. In fact, I'm going so far as to make sure that any further demos are not released at all (except at our discretion) in order to maintain some anticipation and surprise once we finally do get to making the next record.
Just keep an open mind and know that we're always pushing to make the music better.

That's what it's about after all. The music.

AKA Lounge in Orlando this Friday with Studio K.

Lastly, happy birthday to Dr. Robert "Bob" Moog.
Though gone, without him, I would not have found the one instrument that I love... and I wouldn't have this wicked tattoo either.
So my hat's off to him.... if I wore a hat.

Okay, I'm done.

_Wes

No comments: