Tuesday, May 30, 2006

You know how once in a while you get totally addicted to certain websites (MySpace excluded since there's some sort of mind control happening on that site)?
I found another webpage that has completely taken over my life... YouTube.com.

Now, I know this isn't a new website or anything. We've all used it for uploading our zany home videos to show our friends and family, however I've realized that I can find videos of virtually any band out there. Why is this good? With the click of a few simple buttons I can find music videos, live videos, home movies, and more from my favorite bands both old and new.
In fact, I just spent two hours surfing that site checking out live Matthew Good videos that I never even knew existed. Sure, they're not amazing quality-wise but having never been to one of his shows it gave me an even deeper appreciation for that man and his music (if that's even possible).

At this point I'm just moving down my iTunes playlist looking up whichever artists grab my attention. It's freakin' sweet.

I'm sure all the tech-savvy kids out there are saying to themselves "Well, duh Wes, I knew about this a long time ago."

Oh! Hey! Awesome! Keep it to yourself.

You crazy kids with your cell phone cameras, iPods, and illegal downloading.
When I was in junior high school we still had computers that only displayed green text on a black background and had to deal with massive floppy disks that had holes in the center big enough to fit your fist through. What was a CD?

For the first time in my life, I feel old.

_Wes

No comments: