Monday, July 31, 2006

I prefer normal Tang over the Wu-Tang clan.

Finally after many days at work listening to the 5 tracks on Purevolume, I finally managed to grab a copy of the Say Anything record "...is a Real Boy". Alright, fine... so Bert grabbed it for me, but I got it nonetheless. I really don't know why I waited so long to pick up this record. I think it's one of the most inspirational albums I've heard in a long time. If you know me (which you only think you do) then you're probably aware that I'm a HUGE sucker for concept albums. I honestly believe that every album should be one. To me, ...is a Real Boy takes that to the next level. Written in the format of a "rock opera" and similar to Green Day's "American Idiot" it takes the listener on a trip through the mind of the main character who, in his day to day life, will stop and break out into song anywhere about anything. It's really nice to hear an artist say whatever he wants about anything he wants to and keeps it brutally honest. No sappy metaphors or blanketed analogies, he keeps it real.
I've been listening to it non-stop, and I suggest that you do the same if you haven't already.

It makes me want to sit down and finish our next album. Almost.

In other news, we picked up a show this coming Thursday at Back Booth in Orlando. We'll be sharing the stage with Worth Fighting For, who we haven't played with since Jennannapalooza was it? And Woodale, Derek Stroker, & Meryll whom we'll be seeing for the first time.
9pm, 18+, $5 cover. Should be a blast. This is kind of a live rehearsal for our show in Ocala. Those are the best.

Keep it real. 4-eva.

No comments: